Rota was a part of the Poggenburg Estate and the current grounds hosted the recreation area for the casino guests. The original buildings are long gone, but the location with beautiful scenic views remains. It was purchased in the 1960os by the Latvian Disabled Veterans Association, but for the last few years has primarily functioned as a guest house and also for various events.
Nestled in the Northern Catskills, ROTA LODGE provides comfortable accomodations for all seasons!
* Excellent rates - $50 / night (tax additional) up to 2 people (2 twin beds / room) (discounted weekly and full weekend rates available as well).
* Sinks in every room.
* Shared showers and bathrooms.
* Home cooked meal service available for an additional fee.
* Groups welcome!
For reservations call Aina @ (518) 589-9878. Credit cards currently not accepted.
- Less than 10 minutes from Hunter Mountain. (5 mintues to Cortina).
- Approximately 20 mintues to Windham Mountain.
- 5 minutes to Mink Hollow trail with access to Plateau Mountain, Sugarloaf Mountain and Twin Mountain
- 10 minutes drive to Prediger road and access to Indian Head mountain and Overlook Mountain (arguably one of the most spectacular views in the Catskills from the fire tower at Overlook mountain)
- 10 minutes drive to the Platte Clove pass with access to High Peak and Roundtop Mountain
- 15 mintues to North Lake recreation area